The AITPM Excellence Award nominations are now open!
The AITPM Excellence Award is the peak industry accolade in the Traffic and Transport industry. This award recognise professional excellence and encourage innovation and practices that challenge the standard way that industry approaches their services. Winners of the award will have demonstrated practices which will drive improvements in the industry that ultimately benefit the wider community.
This award is a great opportunity for AITPM members to gain reward and recognition for innovations in Traffic Engineering/Management, Transport Planning, Transport and Land Use Modelling, Road Safety and Traffic Data.
The Excellence Award recognises excellence across all of the related fields of Traffic and Transportation. Submissions are invited from members (including corporate member organisations) in any field covered by the AITPM membership. This includes:
- Traffic Engineering/Management
- Transport Planning
- Transport and Land Use Modelling
- Road Safety
- Traffic Data
Three finalists will be announced in June 2019 and invited to attend the 2019 National Conference including airfares, accommodation and registration to the conference, where they will present at the Awards Gala Dinner on the Wednesday night of the conference and be presented with an Award Certificate. An overall winner will be selected from the three finalists and will receive the Janet Brash Memorial trophy.
The Awards align with a number of objectives within the AITPM Strategic Directions.
- AITPM is committed to enhancing knowledge capital in the profession.
- Recognition of emerging best practice assists members in developing and enhancing the technical skills and knowledge needed to meet the demands of a changing work environment.
- The identification of specialist technical skills and knowledge will assist in delivering AITPM’s industry education goals.
- Recognition is provided for those individuals and organisations who challenge established patterns and practices with an innovative approach in an effort to improve existing standards.
To apply for the AITPM Excellence Awards:
- Entrants must be a member of AITPM (individual or corporate).
- Teams may be submitted, however only a single registration to the 2019 National conference is awarded to finalists.
- Nominations can be submitted under a corporate membership, however the award and conference registration will be made to the AITPM corporate member. The conference registration will not be made direct by AITPM to individuals in this case.
- The Author warrants that they are entitled to deal with the Intellectual Property Rights in the works submitted, including clearing all third party intellectual property rights and obtaining formal permission from their respective institutions, clients or employers before submission, where necessary.
- The Author agrees to permit AITPM to use the successful applicant’s entry for internal and external promotional purposes.