Diverse ideas and perspectives are vital to AITPM’s success. This year, we have partnered with the Department of Transport, a key supporter of diversity and inclusion in the workplace to cover the cost of conference attendance for ten (10) people from diverse backgrounds and/or marginalised groups.
Each grant recipient will receive registration at the 2018 AITPM National Conference in Perth (24 -27 July 2018) including all social networking events. The total prize is valued at over $1,500 each!
This grant is open to anyone from a diverse background and/or marginalised group who:
• is looking to become more engaged within the transport industry and;
• is currently studying or working in a relevant transport-related field.
We are looking for students and professionals from all walks of life. We particularly encourage applications from: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women, people with a disability, and people who are LGBTI, young, old, economically disadvantaged, based in a regional, rural or remote area, or from a cultural or linguistically diverse background.
To apply, entrants should submit a one to two page letter (PDF format) addressing each of the following items:
• Your background (including a brief explanation of why you are applying for a Diversity Grant)
• A bit about your achievements/ experience in the industry so far and;
• The benefits that you expect to gain from attending the conference.
Please include in your submission your contact details (email and mobile), and qualifications/ education course (if applicable).
Please send your submission and any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm (WA) on 30th April 2018. Successful applicants will be notified by 31 May 2018. Please note late submissions will not be accepted.