- May 24, 2017
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
The AITPM Qld Annual Half-Day Modelling Seminar will be held on the 24th of May 2017, from 8:00am to 1:00pm. This event brings together government and private sector professionals to share knowledge and keep up to date on the latest developments in the transport modelling industry.
This year, the event will be a morning seminar, sponsored by PwC and held at their offices at Level 23, 480 Queen Street. A light breakfast and stand-up lunch will be provided.
Unfortunately, Ben Pool will no longer be able to present at this event.
As this is a catered event, please advise AITPM through the Eventbrite page if you are unable to attend.
Confirmed speakers and topics include:
- Special guest speaker: Steve Kanowski, Chief Economist & General Manager (Strategic Policy) – Transport and Main Roads
- Update on the activities of the national AITPM Transport Modelling Network – Mark Plattz
- Pedro Camargo, Senior Model Developer – Veitch Lister Consulting – Departure time choice: Tackling peak spreading in growing Australian cities
- Yun Bu, Associate Director – PwC – An alternative approach to time period split in strategic transport models
- Mark Plattz, Managing Director and Rachael Amies, Cadet Engineer – Point8 – Impact on Brisbane’s road network operations with the take up of Autonomous Vehicles
- Peter Davidson, Director – Transposition – Rethinking destination choice, accessibility and the reasons for travel
- Pedro Camargo, Senior Model Developer – Veitch Lister Consulting – Highlights from the 16th TRB National Transportation Planning Applications Conference
8:00am – Registration and light breakfast
8:30am – First session commences
10:10am – Tea and coffee break
10:30am – Second session commences
12:00pm – Stand-up lunch and networking opportunity
Venue: PwC Brisbane