SA | Branch Technical Forum - Improving Public Transport Equity and Innovation in Regional South Australia
Featuring John Devney, GTA Consultants
GTA Consultants recently completed the Adelaide Hills - Fleurieu Peninsula Regional Public Transport Studyfor Regional Development Australia - Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island that identified issues with the equity and quality of the public transport services in the region through significant community and stakeholder engagement. John will provide an overview of the key findings and strategic directions and initiatives from the study. He will also present some ideas for consideration in regional South Australia based on a selection of case studies from other States. These initiatives include examples of networks and services, information, marketing and promotion, the use of on-demand services and trials of new technology to improve public transport services in regional and rural Australia.
In this presentation, John will cover the following topics:
- Putting the Customer First
- Customer service charters
- Regional and town services
- Promoting Regional Bus Services with Integrated Information
- Information via websites, timetables/maps and apps
- Promotion for local, long distance and tourism trips
- Making Fares Fairer and Easier for Customers
- Fare policy, ticketing integration and new methods of payment
- Innovation with On-demand Services and New Technology
- On-demand transport services
- Electric and autonomous buses in regional centres
John Devney has over 40 years of experience in planning transport systems in Australia and Canada with a specialisation in public transport network planning and feasibility studies for bus, light rail, heavy rail and ferry modes. He has conducted a wide range of strategic transport and public transport infrastructure planning studies throughout Australia. He is a Director with GTA Consultants in Adelaide and is leading the development of the Transport Planning streams for the 2019 AITPM Adelaide Conference.
This is a free event for Members and Friends.
Light refreshments will be served from 5.30pm with presentation from 6pm