8:30 am - 12:30 pm
The South Australian Branch of the Australian Institute of Traffic Planning & Management invites you to join us for our annual “Back to Basics” half day seminar. This year’s seminar will focus on Road Safety.
The 2017 Seminar will provide an excellent opportunity for AITPM members, road safety auditors, traffic engineers, transport and land use planners and elected representatives to:
- Enhance their skills and knowledge of road safety
- Exchange ideas and research
- Develop professional networks
- Keep up to date with the latest techniques and guidelines.
Our speakers will be covering a wide range of road safety programs including Way2Go schools program, freight initiatives, traffic management and road safety under the smart cities agenda. We look forward to welcoming you to an informative seminar with lots of additional networking opportunities over morning tea and a light lunch at the conclusion of the seminar.
8:30 am Registration
9:00 am Introduction and welcome Paul Froggatt President, AITPM SA Branch
9:05 am First session
- Adrian Sasu, GHD – Upgrade of Traffic Control Devices in Enfield
- Mark Hennesey, DPTI – DPTI Freight Projects
- Sue McMillan, DPTI – Way2Go Program Road Safety Outcomes
10:35 am Morning tea
11:00 am Second Session
- Nick Falkner, University of Adelaide – Urban Road Safety: Measurement, Action and the Difficulties of Long-Term Prediction
- Ben Champion, DPTI – Integrating Road Safety in Infrastructure Projects
- Mark Borlace, RAA – The effect of Autonomous Vehicles on Road Safety
12:30 pm Lunch and networking
Non-members: $155, including GST and AITPM membership until 31 March 2018
Lunch and morning tea will be provided
Venue: UniSA West Campus