VIC | Traffic Engineering and Management 2 day Workshop
The workshop will run across two days with a dinner on the first night.
Each topic will be introduced by a speaker, followed by an activity or case study designed to practically apply the workshop content. Case studies will be designed to have relevance to practitioners from regional Victoria, suburban Melbourne or inner Melbourne councils.
Day 1: Understanding and Using Traffic Data
- Introduction to traffic flow theory, intersection capacity, delay analysis
- Data collection and use, understanding assumptions, limitations and credibility of data
Upon completing day one, you should be able to:
- Apply fundamental concepts in assessing the performance of the traffic system
- Evaluate the credibility of traffic data
Day 2: Contemporary Traffic Network Design
- Multimodal traffic network and parking design
- Managing community consultation
Upon completing day two, you should be able to:
- Propose a new parking scheme and traffic network design that considers the needs of the community and different road users
- Understand the role of community participation in traffic projects
FEATURING KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
- Andrew Wall – Director Integration Services, VicRoads
- Nicola Belcher – Director Asset Management, PTV
- Anita Curnow – Executive Director, Access and Operations, VicRoads
AND WORKSHOP PRESENTERS:
- John Reid – Managing Director, Austraffic
- David Nash – Principal at Traffinity
- Emmanuel Natalizio – Managing Director, Trafficworks
- Chris Coath – Director, GTA Consultants
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The workshop is aimed at, but not limited to, traffic engineers and transport professionals from local council, state government or consulting who are 1-5 years into their career. Case
studies will address inner urban, suburban and regional Victorian contexts, with a ’solutions-focused’ approach.
Attending the workshop provides up to 16 hours toward Engineers Australia Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- AITPM Members and Monash University Post Graduates (student number required) $880 inc GST
- Non Members $1100* inc GST
*Annual AITPM Membership is only $170 + a one off admin feel of $27.50 so we recommend non members consider joining AITPM to receive the discounted workshop pricing.