9:30 am - 10:00 pm
AITPM members and friends are invited to celebrate the end of 2018 with a Technical Tour, Lunch, Golf, Networking and Dinner.
The 29th of November is our End of Year event. Along with our morning technical tour, BBQ lunch and round of golf, we are pleased to announce our guest speakers for the dinner is Marion Terrill – Transport Program Director, Grattan Institute with additional speakers to be announced.
Marion is a leading transport policy analyst who joined the Grattan Institute in 2015 to establish the Transport Program, and has lead a range of initiatives for the institute since then. Marion will discuss where Melbourne sits in comparison to a range of Australian cities.
Duncan is the Chief Executive Officer at North East Link Authority (NELA). Duncan was appointed to this special purpose Authority in April 2017. The North East Link will finally complete the missing link in Melbourne, building the missing freeway link between the Metropolitan Ring Road at Greensborough and the Eastern Freeway.
Duncan has also worked for Victoria’s State road agency, VicRoads for 18 years, with his last 5 years as a Regional Director, responsible for road construction, planning and maintenance both in metropolitan Melbourne and South Western Victoria.
After that stint, Duncan spent five years in the private sector at RACV as General Manager – Membership.
The format of the day is as follows:
1) Start the day off with the morning technical tour. Streamlining Hoddle Street, City of Yarra Local Street 30km/h Trial. Morning tea refreshments will be provided.
2) Then get your team ready for a full BBQ lunch with drinks and 9 holes of Ambrose golf at the Albert Park Lake course. The drinks cart will be whizzing around the course also with snacks to keep you fuelled.
3) The networking dinner kicks off with pre dinner drinks in the foyer of the Pullman Albert Park Hotel at 6pm.
9:30am: Participants meet at the Collingwood Library (11 Stanton Street, Abbotsford – next to Collingwood Railway Station)
- Anna Purvis – Yarra City Council local street 30 km/h trial
- George Eleftheriadis or Edman Mallillin (SMEC) – Streamlining Hoddle Street Design Issues
- Alfred Chan (Major Road Projects Authority) – Streamlining Hoddle Street Construction Status
11:00am: Tour of completed works at the Hoddle Street / Johnston Street intersection
11:30am: Tour concluded, participants can then catch a train or bus back to the city and head to Albert Park Golf Course if playing golf
1:00pm: Assemble at Albert Park Golf Course for BBQ lunch and drinks
2:30pm: Golf at the Albert Park Golf Course, nine holes of golf, played Ambrose Rules. Golf clubs, buggies, balls, and refreshments are provided courtesy of our sponsor. Relax and enjoy the afternoon.
Form a team of work colleagues and clients, or join with others who came on their own. Previous golf experience and talent is entirely optional. Comfortable clothes and walking shoes are essential.
6:00pm: Pre Dinner Drinks and Dinner Function at the Pullman Albert Park Hotel.
Keynote Speakers: Marion Terrill – Transport Program Director, Grattan Institute and Duncan Elliott, CEO, North East Link Authority
Networking sponsor Dinner sponsor
Event queries to: Trent Bulmer (0436 661 960)