3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Roundabout and Signals – Case Studies with Panel Discussion
(Event will include AGM for WA branch of AITPM)
Presentations will cover the broad planning and delivery requirements for roundabout and signalised intersections. Case studies will be presented by experts in field of planning, design and operation of roundabouts and traffic signals. Format of event includes presentations of each case study followed by discussion with panel members.
Case Studies to be presented by Panel Members (presenters to be confirmed) include:
- Tim Greenhill, Urbis, presenting about the use of traffic signals from an urban design perspective, including an example;
- Dave Landmark, MRWA, presenting on the rationale behind why MRWA is opting for roundabouts in preference to signals, including an example;
- Mehdi Langroudi, MRWA, to talk about the signal optimisation project;
- City of Stirling Representative (name TBC), to talk about use of roundabouts/other forms of treatment for Self-Explaining Streets Program; and
- Chris Paris, MRWA Traffic Signals Team, to talk about signal countdown timer/flashing amber.
All five presenters will have 20 minutes of dedicated time; 15 minutes for the presentation plus 5 minutes for questions/answers.
Presentations will be followed by a 30 minute panel discussion on questions and comments posed from the audience.
15:00-15:20 Afternoon tea and networking
15:20-15:35 AGM (short summary of AITPM activities for the last year) and MC Introductions
15.35-17.15 Case Studies Presentation & Panel Discussion (including break with Finger Food)
17.15-17.45 Q & A
17.45-18:00 Wrap up and Networking.
Venue: MRWA Don Aitken Centre