The ‘Call for Abstracts’ for the 2019 AITPM National Traffic and Transport Conference has now closed and submissions are being reviewed.
The 2019 AITPM Conference will be held in Adelaide at the Adelaide Convention Centre. The conference will open with a Welcome Reception on the evening of Tuesday 30 July; the main conference will take place on Wednesday 31 July & Thursday 1 August, followed by workshops/forums held on Friday 2 August.
The conference features three streams:
- Traffic Engineering and Management;
- Transport Planning;
- Transport and Land Use Modelling.
Within these streams, authors are asked to identify their key areas of interest from the list in the following table. Other new innovative topics within these streams are welcome.
|Traffic Engineering and Management||Transport Planning||Transport and Land Use Modelling|
Note: Multiple areas of interested may be nominated for a single paper
Abstract submission process
- Abstracts must be submitted as a written submission and/or video using the online form (including headshot) by Friday 23 November 2018.
- Applicants will be informed whether or not their abstract has been accepted by the end of January 2019
- Successful applicants will be invited to prepare their paper and PowerPoint presentation (following specified formatting guidelines) and submit for review by 29 March 2019
- Each paper and presentation will be reviewed by members of the Selection Panel who will determine whether the paper and presentation should be accepted, revised or rejected
- Applicants will then be advised of the reviewers’ decisions and any revisions that may be required, by 19 April 2019
- The deadline for final presentations and papers is 7 June 2019
- Where an accepted paper has multiple authors, at least one of the authors must be present at the conference
- Presenters are eligible for a discounted registration rate, but are responsible for their own travel, accommodation and expenses
Any queries should be directed to email@example.com
YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT IN THE FORM OF A SHORT VIDEO. CREATIVITY IS ENCOURAGED!
YOU MIGHT CHOOSE TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND PROVIDE SOME BACKGROUND TO YOUR TOPIC OR YOU MIGHT CHOOSE TO SUBMIT A PAST VIDEO OF YOU PRESENTING WITH PASSION, TO ACCOMPANY A WRITTEN DESCRIPTION OF YOUR TOPIC. IT’S UP TO YOU.
VIDEO QUALITY WILL NOT IMPACT YOUR SUBMISSION, SO FEEL FREE TO USE YOUR PHONE OR OTHER RECORDING DEVICE.