This award provides for one AITPM member to attend the annual Engineering New Zealand Transportation Group (ENZ TG) conference from 10-13 March 2020 in Christchurch Town Hall.
The ENZ TG annual conference is New Zealand’s premier forum for the traffic engineering, road safety and transportation planning community. The 2020 conference will provide delegates the perfect chance to discuss the catalysts for creating and sustaining smarter, stronger and safer transport systems and how they can be, or in some cases are being, applied to New Zealand’s transport network. It also provided the opportunity to showcase ‘world’s best practice’ for transport, be it here, in New Zealand or overseas.
The aims of the Award are as follows:
- Enhance the strong two way relationship with Engineering NZ;
- Provide an opportunity for information exchange; and
- Support members in the acquisition of knowledge.
To apply for the New Zealand Study Tour Award, entrants must:
- Be a member of AITPM (individualor corporate);
- Be committed to enhancing relationships while attending the ENZ TG Conference;
- Make a commitment to writing an article for the AITPM newsletter within two months of attending the ENZ TG Conference; and
- Present their findings at a State Branch Technical Forum.
Applicants need to supply sufficient information to enable the assessment panel to score each application. The following selection criteria must be addressed:
- Outline the knowledge that you will focus on acquiring from attending the conference Refer to the conference website for information on the conference content via www.tgconference.co.nz;
- Outline the potential application of this knowledge to your current role; and
- Outline how you will enhance the AITPM/ENZ TG relationship while at the conference.
The application must:
- Demonstrate the suitability of the application to meet the selection criteria; and
- Supply any other information submitted in support of the application.
Applicants are also to provide the following particulars:
- Full name and contact details; and
- Employer and current position.
The Applicant warrants that they have obtained formal permission from their respective employer before submission.
Applications are not to exceed three pages in length.
Examples of previous winning submissions are available below.
The AITPM Board will establish a selection panel who will assess all applications against the selection criteria and make its recommendation to the AITPM Board. The panel decision will be reviewed and endorsed by the Board. The decision of the Board will be final.
Entries for the 2020 New Zealand Study Tour Award must be lodged by 24 January 2020 via the form below. Entries cannot be lodged in any other way.
Any enquiries may be directed to the National Secretariat on 0413 828 721 or by email at email@example.com.
Award announcement and payment
The Award Winner will be advised in February 2019 and announced in the March 2019 Newsletter. The conference fees, air fares and accommodation will be arranged and paid for by AITPM prior to the conference. An agreed allowance for incidental expenses such as meals and taxi fares will be determined before the conference.