The ‘Call for Abstracts’ for the 2020 AITPM National Traffic and Transport Conference are now open.
The 2020 AITPM Conference will be held in Brisbane at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. The conference will open with a Welcome Reception on the evening of Tuesday 28 July; the main conference will take place on Wednesday 29 and Thursday 30 July, followed by workshops/forums held on Friday 31 July.
The conference features three streams:
- Traffic Engineering and Management;
- Transport Planning; and
- Transport and Land Use Modelling.
Within these streams, authors are asked to identify their key areas of interest from the list in the following table. Other new innovative topics within these streams are welcome.
|Traffic Engineering and Management||Transport Planning||Transport and Land Use Modelling|
- Multiple areas of interested may be nominated for a single paper
- Abstracts are grouped by three streams for review purposes however the conference may include four streams subject to the topics received during the abstract review.
Abstract submission process
- Abstracts must be submitted as a written submission and/or video using the online form (including headshot) by Saturday 16 November 2019
- Applicants will be informed whether or not their abstract has been accepted by the end of January 2020
- Successful applicants will be invited to prepare their paper and PowerPoint presentation (following specified formatting guidelines) and submit for review by 30 March 2020
- Each paper and presentation will be reviewed by members of the Selection Panel who will determine whether the paper and presentation should be accepted, revised or rejected
- Applicants will then be advised of the reviewers’ decisions and any revisions that may be required, by 6 May 2020
- The deadline for final presentations and papers is 30 May 2020
- Where an accepted paper has multiple authors, at least one of the authors must be present at the conference
- Presenters are eligible for a discounted registration rate, but are responsible for their own travel, accommodation and expenses
Any queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org